Distracted Drivers Are Negligent, And We Hold Them Accountable
Distracted driving continues to grow as one of the most prevalent causes of auto accidents on Connecticut roads. Despite numerous local and statewide laws designed to eliminate it, injuries resulting from distracted driving continue to occur at an alarming rate. If you were injured in an accident that was caused by a distracted driver, it is important you seek the advice of a qualified personal injury attorney.
At Lettick & Lettick, P.C., we dedicate our entire practice to help injury victims who suffer because of another person’s negligence. We understand the types of injuries that can occur in auto accidents, and we know the type of care that is typically required to help victims recover. You can rely on us to pursue every available option in an effort to secure the compensation necessary to accommodate your needs.
You Have An Ally In Us
Distracted drivers come in many forms, and you must remain vigilant while driving on the road. You can spot some of them quite easily. Here are a few of the causes of distracted driving:
- Texting, calling and other cellphone use: Among the most prevalent causes of distracted driving accidents is cellphone use, specifically texting while driving. No good can come from people taking their eyes off the road for the amount of time it takes to type or read a text message.
- Using a GPS or other navigation system: Many cars come with built-in navigation systems, and most users will tell you they feel like they need an advanced degree to use them. Instead of learning these systems in the comfort of their own driveways, many drivers will attempt to learn them in traffic. The need to almost continually stare at the screen to select destinations and find faster routes creates an extreme hazard.
- Using the radio, an MP3 player or other musical device: These devices are additional examples of things that have nothing to do with operating a vehicle that have the potential to divert a driver’s attention away from the road.
- Attending to children and pets: Having children and pets in the car is something that most drivers experience every day. There are situations, however, where they can cause distractions that cause drivers to turn their backs to the road, making them unable to maintain their lanes or respond to sudden changes in traffic.
- Food, makeup and other distractions: Though it may seem to be an unlikely occurrence, people often finish their morning routines or catch a quick lunch on the run while they are driving. Beyond the time they spend with their eyes away from the road in these situations, the simple fact that both hands are somewhere other than on the wheel creates a danger all by itself.
We want you to have a safe driving experience whether you are traveling to work or taking a trip. Stay alert and stay safe. If you are in an accident caused by a distracted driver, we can help you. We have decades of experience in personal injury law.
Get A Free Consultation
A motor vehicle accident can occur suddenly. And many accidents are caused by distracted drivers. If you are injured by another driver who may have been texting, talking on the phone or eating food behind the wheel,Lettick & Lettick, P.C., of Hamden, Connecticut, will advocate for you. We will explain your legal options during a free initial consultation. Contact us or call our experienced team at 203-361-9330. Se habla español.