Knowing What To Do After A Motor Vehicle Accident
No one wants to be involved in a car crash. It’s hard to know what steps to take to ensure the safety of those involved and the protection of your property and rights. After decades of working with clients who have been injured in all types of accidents, we have simplified the steps.
Lettick & Lettick, P.C., in Hamden, Connecticut, encourages you to drive safely. However, you cannot control the behavior of other drivers, who may cause a collision with your vehicle.
Helpful Steps To Take
Thrust into an accident situation, you find yourself uncertain as to what to do. Please try to stay as calm as possible and follow these steps that we have provided:
- Call the police to the scene.
- Do not get out of your car until you can do so safely.
- Take pictures of yourself, your car, the other car and the accident scene, but remember, safety first.
- Give the officer your version of the accident in a clear and understandable manner.
- Go to the hospital by ambulance if the police suggest it. They may observe something about your condition of which you are unaware.
- Within 24 hours, notify your auto accident insurance company of your accident.
- Within 24 hours, notify your health insurer of your ambulance and hospital visit.
- Notify your lawyer and make an appointment to see him or her immediately.
- Don’t talk with the other person’s insurance company unless you are willing to take the risk of any misstatement being held against you.
Being aware of these steps likely will help you maneuver through a difficult situation. Our attorneys are prepared to help you every step of the way.
Our Experience Will Help; Call Us Now
Knowing what to do after a motor vehicle accident can help you get through a difficult situation. With more than 40 years of combined experience, Lettick & Lettick, P.C., in Hamden, Connecticut, has the skills to assist you if you have been injured. We offer free one-hour consultations, so contact our team or call us at 203-361-9330. Se habla español.