FAQs On Slip-And-Fall Accidents

Slip-and-fall injuries can have a devastating long-term impact on victims. These are complex cases that often come with more questions than answers. At Lettick & Lettick, P.C., we represent clients in all types of slip-and-fall accidents. Our slip-and-fall FAQ page is intended to provide basic information about common types of accidents and your rights under the law.

Q: What Is A Slip-And-Fall Accident?

A: A slip-and-fall accident occurs when a person is injured on another party’s property by slipping on an unattended wet spill, accumulated ice on a sidewalk or at a store entrance, or because of some other hazard.

Q: What Is A Trip-And-Fall Accident?

A: Trip-and-fall is a similar type of accident to a slip-and-fall. These injuries typically occur because of loose flooring or carpet, uneven pavement, insufficient lighting, objects protruding from the floor or similar causes.

Q: Where Do Such Accidents Typically Occur?

A: These accidents can occur anywhere: office buildings, apartment buildings, hotels, shopping malls, amusement parks, casinos, sports arenas, private homes, construction and building maintenance sites and stairways, just to name a few.

Q: Who Is Responsible For My Injuries If I Get Hurt?

A: Property owners have a duty to maintain a hazard-free environment for all visitors. It is their responsibility to sufficiently warn visitors of hazards and promptly attend to them.

Q: How Do I Obtain Compensation For My Injuries?

A: The property owner should pay for any losses you suffer in these accidents, but it is rarely voluntary. If you report your injury to the property owner and receive any resistance, your best bet is to contact an attorney and file a premises liability claim.

We hope that these answers were beneficial. Our legal team is prepared to represent you anytime in slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall injury cases.

Ready To Advise You And Get Results

If you have questions about slip-and-fall accidents, our experienced and reliable attorneys can help. Lettick & Lettick, P.C., in Hamden, Connecticut, have decades of experience in helping personal injury victims. For a free consultation, contact us or call our attorneys at 203-361-9330. Se habla español.