Honest Answers To Your Questions About Connecticut Slip-And-Fall Accidents

Slip-and-fall injuries can have a devastating long-term impact on victims. These are complex cases that often come with more questions than answers. At Lettick & Lettick, PC, we represent clients in all types of slip-and-fall accidents. Our Slip & Fall FAQ page is intended to provide basic information about common types of accidents and your rights under the law.

Q: What is a slip-and-fall accident?

A: A slip-and-fall accident occurs when a person is injured on another party's property by slipping on an unattended wet spill, accumulated ice on a sidewalk or at a store entrance, or because of some other hazard.

Q: What is a trip-and-fall accident?

A: Trip-and-fall is a similar type of accident to a slip-and-fall. These injuries typically occur because of loose flooring or carpet, uneven pavement, insufficient lighting, objects protruding from the floor or similar causes.

Q: Where do slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents typically occur?

A: These accidents can occur anywhere: office buildings, apartment buildings, hotels, shopping malls, amusement parks, casinos, sports arenas, private homes, construction and building maintenance sites, and stairways, just to name a few.

Q: Who is responsible for my injuries in a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident?

A: Property owners have a duty to maintain a hazard-free environment for all visitors. It is their responsibility to sufficiently warn visitors of hazards and promptly attend to them.

Q: How do I obtain compensation for my injuries in slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents?

A: The property owner should pay for any losses you suffer in these accidents, but it is rarely voluntary. If you report your injury to the property owner and receive any resistance, your best bet is to contact an attorney and file a premises liability claim.

Discuss Your Slip-And-Fall Injury Claim With A Lawyer

If you still have questions about slip-and-fall accidents or you feel that you may have an injury claim, you should seek the advice of an attorney as soon as possible. From our office in Hamden, we represent clients throughout New Haven County and all of Connecticut. We invite you to contact us at 203-361-9330 or contact us via email to schedule a one-hour free initial consultation.

Open Wednesday until 7 p.m. Se habla español. Weekend appointments upon request.